Saturday, July 23, 2016

First Night

I'm tired of driving. I've made it to Tucumcari, NM for the night. My son is unconscious in the front passenger seat and has been for a few hours. I'm pretty sure that kid would have slept through a car crash. He tends to talk in his sleep and even sleep walk from time to time. He kind of woke like that a bit ago. I warned him not to go sleep walking because that first step out the door would be a bummer at 75 mph. He sleepily agreed with me. 

I've racked out in the back. I will need to organize this mess another night, but it's 1:30 am and I'm tired. I wandered my way off the highway just out of town onto a lonely dirt road. It looks like I'm near the base of a small peak but it's had to see in the dark. The stars are quite bright but so is the moon. Even still, I can see much of the heavens above me. I even got to see a shooting start. I am cramped and it's a bit stuffy because I don't want to leave the windows down too much (chupacabras might get us). It is still quite pleasant though to hear the wind outside my car. I'm off to sleep for a few hours so we can push into Albuquerque early. We have two cool museums and the Sandia Mountain Tram to hit tomorrow. I'll rest well being oblivious to the rest of the world. 


No comments:

Post a Comment